Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Oh, you're being mom for the summer. NO! idad


I am a stay at home dad. For the summer at least. It's back to school for work and school for school in August. This is a happy summer for me because, I was not able to take any days off when Kapono was born (not many places offer paternity leave). So this is my chance to spend some good time with him.
My son is the happiest baby in the hood. Every morning, smiles and joyful laughter. Kapono, Kappa-ono, pono boy, little bear, oso oso loves the beatbox. He has his favorite sounds and loves it when you tap his body in different places for each different drum sound.
Some other nicknames he has been given in his short time are King Baby, 'Izzat Khan, The baby dictator and tomato face froglegs.
He is well and we (mom and I) are ragged. I have forgotten what the gym looks like and my toes. Time to set some priorities again. I play softball on sundays for practice and Monday games but thats not quite fulfilling my exercise needs. However we did win our game this past monday. Go H-star runnas.
Our summer is stacking up and is full of projects here is a laundry list:
1. Have Fun
2. Deputization campaign leading up to Cd release
3. Move Nation Music Video
4. New 5 song summer EP
5. Prayerbeads and Breakbeats- radio program
6. Greenlake conference - organizing this year
Kapono and I will be busy this summer with these projects and other things like praying everyday, diaper changing, rolling over-eventually crawling, exploring skokie on foot, supporting mom in all her work, visiting friends and family, teaching the faith and sleeping in in the mornings (fingers crossed). Maybe will see you around, oh add blogging to this list so you can atleast keep tabs of all our activities that way.

4 comments:

Geza said...

Hey Emiliano,
At various times in my life I make vows, such as when I learned to drive in my mid-30s, I vowed that I would not waste my energy and mental health by berating other drivers.
Another one I made was that when my daughter was born, I would not bore the devil out of my friends natering on and on about her, especially with the inane, "Guess what she did today?"
I stuck to my vow, but I did discover why parents do this. For about the first two years, there are visible, discernable changes every single day. And every lst one of them is completely unexpected, and so it is a contnuous wonder, since every day the child is not the same person as the day before. This attitude of wonderment is one that I feel like screaming "Why don't we see the miraculous in every moment of this unrepeatable joy of life?"
Make it the summer of love.

Emiliano said...

Geza, Thanks for your encouragement. You speak truth here in this comment. Everyday is different, sometimes a little progress on the day before sometimes its something entirely new. We will make this a summer of love. Thanks again.

Suzanne said...

Hey, Emiliano! Greetings from Seattle (my sister had a baby). And horray for the Homestar Runners! Sounds like you have a deliciously full plate this summer. See you soon to be sure!

Sholeh said...

Sounds wonderful. :-) I'll likely see y'all at some point. Keep writing!